Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dive Women Canada

Diving pictureImage via Wikipedia

Mission / Vision

Divewomen

As a woman who has been diving since 2000, I was struck from the beginning at how few women expressed an interest in the sport. At one point in my life, not long after I was certified, I experienced a career crisis, and my best friend and partner suggested that I become a diving instructor. He felt that if I became an instructor, more women and particularly young women and girls may be inspired to learn to dive. It is eight years later, and for the past year and a half, I have been collaborating with another lady instructor, an extraordinary woman, Shannon Gough, and during that time, Shannon and I have gone from being the “token females” on a dive expedition to leading teams of predominantly women divers. Having said that, I want to make it clear that our goal is to not exclude anyone who wants to dive. Considering how we both earned our experience, not to mention some of the best memories of our lives being mentored by some of the finest men we have ever met, we just want to make sure that anyone who wishes to have these experiences is able to do so in an environment in which they feel comfortable, regardless of age, gender, or background. It is all about living life to its fullest and not living in fear of what lies out there in the abyss. Let’s see what’s out there together, and dive on!!!!!


‘When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.’



Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks Andrea

Kathy Dowsett

www.kirkscubagear.com
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment